Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 13

Hey Family!
Yes, the rumors are true... I have been moved up into the advanced Spanish class. I have a new companion in a new district full of native speakers and it was really hard to understand the first few days so I never prayed so hard in my life! There is one elder named Elder Ochoa that has a really thick accent because he is from Peru, but I love speaking with him because he is probably the most supportive in helping me to learn as much as I can. I am so grateful for my district because they are all so cool and they love helping me. They don't need to help me understand all the time, but only when they use certain expressions that I have never heard before. My new companion's name is Elder Angell, and he is from Georgia. He is the only missionary in the district that is white and he usually thinks he knows more than the native speakers so there are a few arguments with them about how to say things. I try to avoid that by just asking Elder Ochoa or one of the three sisters my questions... I'm sorry for not saying anything about my teachers!! Hna Smith mentioned that she worked at the same place that Annie used to so that was great you guys heard a little about my situation. I loved my last district and I missed them a lot at first but my relationships with these new elders are already growing a lot. It was really awkward at first because I was the "new guy" but now we are all pretty good friends.

Elder Ballard and Sheri Dew spoke with us the last few weeks and it was amazing hearing for them. I actually sang in the choir when E. Ballard came and he had a great message about the importance of communication. I sat really close to Sheri Dew, my companion and I sat in the first few rows in the gym. I always pictured her to be a burnette for some reason and my universe was shattered when I saw her in person.

Last night I went to the calling center for the first time and I had an amazing experience. Most of the calls I made were to confirm people were receiving DVDs about Christ or books of Mormon and nobody really answered. It was 7 o'clock when we called and I was mainly calling people on the eastern side of the US. One woman I called in California really enjoyed my call because I asked how she felt about God and why she really thinks we are here on earth. She said that she thinks about those things all the time so I bore testimony that God has a plan for each of us. Apparently the number I called was her work phone and she had the strongest impression to return to her office for no reason and she heard the phone ring. I told her that there is a living prophet on earth today and then I urged her to pray if those things were true because I knew she would get an answer. I am so grateful for this opportunity to talk with a real person for once here. Practicing with the other missionaries is fun and everything but I would prefer getting out to the campo misional.

Speaking of which, I have not received any flight plans but I might be flying out this week. Elder Campos, in my district, is also going to Neuquen and he is flying to LA next week to have an interview with a consolate and picking up his visa and then he is flying back to the MTC that same day. I have not heard anything about my visa yet but I hope I hear something soon. I have been here for 2 weeks now but it already feels like it has been a long time. I have felt your prayers throughout the day as I sometimes struggle to understand during the discursos and I am grateful for all of you guys. I know that there is power in prayer and that we can always speak directly to our Heavenly Father. Please continue to pray for me as I am preparing to go to Argentina.

Anything else? I can't think of anything to write in mine epistle... I have some great pictures of me and my district in front of the temple along with some pictures with both of my cousins and Elder Showell. I talked to Nicole V. in the cafeteria once but I haven't seen her since. It is nice seeing other missionaries that I know. Life is great here and I have never felt better! Dad- it is funny that you guys talked about Peter and his faith on the water because we literally just talked about that before I read your dear elder message. Please send more notes every day! I really enjoy hearing about your activities and I am sorry Mollie feels like she is in prison. It takes 2 minutes to write to me but it makes my day. Mom has won the weekly competition because she wrote to me the most this week. That means that she will reciev a personalized letter in a few days. Good job, momma! I love you guys and I hope things are going ok! Jacie, enjoy the move, sounds like Caden is. Uh.... anything else? I don't know... Im doing great and I appreciate my time that I have here.
Les Amo!!!!
Elder Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment