Monday, October 31, 2011

362 to go...


¡hola familia!
this week cumplí one year on the mission! (how do you say that? i got one year? i turned one year? fetch.) anyways, i didn´t burn anything to celebrate and i didn´t do anything big because it was the end of the month and i ran out of money. today i got more and i think i will buy myself some helado (ice cream).
my visa expires in two weeks so i had to travel to trelew wednesday and thursday morning to get it renewed. it was fun because we had divisions and i went with elder roper to trelew. he needs to do his too. turns out it is a pretty complicated process but we finished everything we had to do in trelew. we went to the bank to pay some fees and get some stamps and then went to another building to pay for more stamps and for another document. thursday we went just to pick up everything and i ended up teaching some people in the waiting room about the church and it was really fun. i think we still have to pay about 600 pesos and sign a few more papers in rawson but i guess it should go smoothly. at least i´m in argentina and nobody pays attention if i´m here illegally but it is still good to get it taken care of.
on friday we had a zone conference in trelew (i go to trelew too much...) and it went great. one of the best conferences that i have been to. we talked about how to study better with investigators in mind, how to plan better, and how to ask for references from members. we practiced a lot and it was a good day. the elders in my zone are pretty fun to hang out with too. i attached the picture of our zone. where´s elder summers? one thing that i really liked was that after the testimony meeting, pte peterson gave us all our own book of mormons to study and asked us to read the whole thing before the end of the year. it has been a really long time since i have seen a book of mormon in english and it is a lot smaller than the spanish version. i thought that he was giving us new spanish versions before i noticed it was in english. i really like it and i enjoy reading it everyday.
hey! i got my birthday package and tons of birthday cards! i am so happy and i loved everything! the shirt looks good on me and i will take some pictures with it playing futbol. thank you! all the candy is amazing too. i shared it with my companion but he doesn´t like the root beer candies. more for me! we played futbol on saturday with some investigators and i rocked it. i´m getting a lot better with my control and i love playing.
this week i really liked alma 29:9
9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do anot bglory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
that was a really cool scripture for me to read. i enjoy teaching a lot and we found some good people this week. it was wierd how so many peopled failed us but we ended up doing a little more contacting and had some good lessons. we were teaching one family and their 14 year old daughter daniela was very prepared for us. she said that she feels like she needs something else in her life and is searching for peace. she accepted to be baptized on the 12th of november. our area is progressing more and more every week and we are getting more excited.
thanks for thinking of me and sending me letters every week! it´s keeping the ánimo up and recharging my battery for another great week. i love you all and i´m looking forward to hearing from you next week!
con mucho ánimo y amor,
elder summers

No comments:

Post a Comment